The Inland Empire Regional Chamber's electronic Certificate of Origin online system will provide your business with a range of unique benefits:
- Reduce the cost and time involved in making your Certificate of Origin applications
- Provide quicker turnaround times for applications and increase shipping efficiency
- Increase staff productivity and automate workflow
- Enhance the security of your document processing activities
Members: $50.00 per CO;
Non Members: $75.00 per CO
You must hold evidence of the origin of goods in your files, in the event of an inquiry by Customs authorities. You may upload the evidence to your online Application for a Certificate of Origin if you wish to utilize our free document storage facility. Acceptable proofs of origin are as follows:
- When goods are manufactured in the United States by the applicant: Manufacturer’s invoice or manufacturer’s declaration indicating United States as the country of origin.
- When goods are manufactured in the United States by a company other than the applicant: Manufacturer’s invoice or manufacturer’s declaration;
- When goods were manufactured in a foreign country: Manufacturer’s invoice, manufacturer’s declaration in English, or a foreign Certificate of Origin duly certified by a Chamber of Commerce;
- When goods were bought from a third party: A duly signed statement from that party declaring the origin of the goods.
- When goods refer to motor vehicles: Proof of ownership/VIN confirmation must be available for review.
How do I get my Certificate of Origin signed and/or stamped with an official seal? First, you need to create your online account by filling out this form and return it to email@example.com
What happens after I email the form to you? We will create your online account, send you your username/password. This will allow you to log in and create your certificate of origin.
How do I receive the official document signed/stamped by the Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce? Once you input all of the necessary information to create your CO, you will be able to submit your document to be signed/stamped electronically. You will be able to download your official signed/stamped CO.
How much does it cost? Members: $50.00 per CO; Non Members: $75.00 per CO
What is a Certificate of Origin? A Certificate of Origin (CO) is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country. COs also constitute a declaration by the exporter.
Millions of COs are issued every year, facilitating trade around the world. Since as early as 1898, Chambers of commerce have been issuing non-preferential COs and more recently, closely working with Customs authorities, issuing preferential COs.
The 1923 Geneva Convention and subsequent Kyoto Convention have seen governments formally recognize the important role chambers play in this domain, deeming them competent authorities and credible trusted third-parties in the issuance of COs.
Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining the duty that will be applied to the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
In addition, COs may be needed to comply with letters of credit, foreign customs requirements or a buyer's request.
Users who wish to sign up for an account, must fill out the form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Document Certification